CHS Senior Yearbook Photo Requirements
FREE IN-SCHOOL SENIOR PHOTO
All seniors will have a FREE formal, studio-quality yearbook portrait taken at school on September 15 with retakes on October 17.
The studio will provide everything needed for a professional, high quality photograph and will submit the picture to the yearbook staff. There will be no sitting fee, no charge for the yearbook photo. There will be the option to purchase more prints.
The studio will provide the tux jacket and shirt for boys and the drape for girls. Students will be given the opportunity to choose their best photo and the studio will submit the photo to the yearbook staff to meet the November 1 deadline.
WANT TO REPLACE FREE IN-SCHOOL PHOTO? (Due NOVEMBER 1)
Students may replace the in-school photograph with one taken by another photographer. A DIGITAL PHOTO FILE must be submitted to Room 202 or emailed by November 1. A digital file may be emailed to "Vicki.firstname.lastname@example.org". Photo must follow all specifications seen below.
-It must be a JPG file and at least 140 KB in size.
-Do not assume that the file was received until a "photo was received" message is sent back to you.
SENIOR YEARBOOK PHOTO SPECIFICATIONS
Attire must be school appropriate and not in violation of dress code. Photos that do not meet these specifications may not be accepted for publication.
1. Gentlemen should have a black tux or suit jacket.
2. Ladies’ attire should consist of a black drape. For modesty or religious concerns, drape may cover shoulders and head coverings are acceptable.
3. No props (football, roses, etc.).
4. No hands.
5. Use a simple, formal, uncluttered background with soft colors. No bright colors. DO NOT use trees, bushes, etc. in the background.
6. Do not use soft focus on the face.
7. Make sure that the picture shows from mid-chest to the top of the head with room above the head.
8. Please do not crop the photo. This will allow us to crop it for our photo box size.
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING FOR CORRECTIONS ON PROOF PAGES. Students need to check these pages to make sure we have their photo, their name is spelled correctly and the photo is placed in correct spot.
TWO OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE CORRECTIONS:
1. DECEMBER: The proof pages will be sent to senior classes (usually the government class) AND posted outside room 202 and the front office.
2. JANUARY: Second set of Proofs posted outside Room 202.
Questions? Email: email@example.com