CAPITAL HIGH SCHOOL
8055 Goddard Road
Silver and Gold --- Eagles
The downtown area and south Boise was served well by Boise High. The southwest bench area was served by Borah High. There was a need for a third high school in the northwest bench of the city. The new high school was opened in the fall of 1965. The school opened to 1,100 students from both Boise and Borah. Capital was named after the center of government.
Capital is a two-story school with a large auditorium and a large modern gymnasium. There is a nice courtyard in front of the school. The school has had only one major addition and that was in 1970 when the planetarium and a few classrooms were constructed.
The planetarium was named after T. C. Bird who served the District as Superintendent from 1957-69. The planetarium is a busy place serving all the District's schools, plus a special showing at Christmas time. The planetarium is under the direction of Mr. Tom Campbell.
The auditorium and gym were in great demand during the late 1960's and early 1970's. The boys state 2A basketball tournament is hosted at the Capital gym.
Capital has a dynamic music department. The band has won many awards over the years at marching band competition. The band is under the direction of Mr. Casey Lindorfer. The Golden Girls Drill Team under the direction of Kacy Laragan has performed in many competitions and has won many awards.
The trophy cases are full and the gym is decked with many banners showing the many achievements and honors the school has received over the years.
Eagle PRIDE prevails at Capital on the field of competition and in the classrooms. Capital High is in the business of education. Students receive many scholarships to continue their educations in higher institutions. Capital
looks to the past for guidance and to the future with hope and a spirit of success.